When I graduated high school, I was unsure of what I wanted to study in college so my parents suggested that I get a business degree since it offered useful, widely accepted skills. I acquiesced not yet recognizing my inclinations toward business ownership. I went on to earn an MBA with a marketing concentration and worked for several years at an advertising agency. I then took on a marketing project management position at SAP America. I also taught advertising and marketing courses at Temple University in Philadelphia for many years. In 2003, I left corporate America and ventured out to start my own marketing agency which led to partnering in an agency specializing in healthcare. Realizing my own desire to help people with their health, I returned to school in 2013 to pursue a Master of Science in Nutrition and Integrative Health degree and Doctorate in Clinical Nutrition. I currently own my own healthcare clinic in Philadelphia where my years of experience in business and marketing have helped me launch a rapidly growing integrative health practice specializing in chronic illness.
MARYLAND UNIVERSITY OF INTEGRATIVE HEALTH, Laurel, MD
Master of Science in Nutrition and Integrative Health, December, 2014
Doctorate of Clinical Nutrition, May, 2019
CENTER FOR HERBAL STUDIES (David Winston, RH (AHG), Broadway, NJ
Two-Year Herbal Medicine Program (2008-2010)
One-Year Herbal Therapeutics Class (2010-2011)
One-Year Herbal Grad Class (2012-2013)
AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF ADVERTISING AGENCIES, Philadelphia, PA
First States Council-Advanced Advertising Studies; Client: Nabisco, May, 2001
JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY, Baltimore, Maryland
Master of Business Administration; Concentration: Marketing, May, 2000
THE GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY, Washington, D.C.
Bachelor of Business Administration; Concentration: International Business / Marketing, August, 1996
OTTO-FRIEDRICH UNIVERSITÄT BAMBERG, Germany
Study Abroad, Spring Semester 1995
ALFRED FORD SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT, Petit Somme, Belgium
- Course: Project Management, Marketing Management
TEMPLE UNIVERSITY, Philadelphia, PA
Adjunct Faculty (2003 & 9/2008-5/2010)
- Courses: Consumer Behavior, Marketing Management, Advertising
SAGE INTEGRATIVE HEALTH CENTER, Philadelphia, PA
Owner & Chief Clinician (1/2011-present)
- Work with clients to help them achieve their health goals using nutrition, herbal medicine and wellness counseling.
- Lead talks and workshops throughout the area on herbal medicine, nutrition and wellness.
- Own and manage integrative health clinic.
FREE-LANCE MARKETING CONSULTANT, Philadelphia, PA
Independent Contractor (9/2012 – present)
- Work with clients to develop cohesive marketing strategies.
- Create and execute full marketing plans.
- Develop marketing communications (copywriting and design).
- Manage print vendors and outsourced designers.
CLEARSTONE COMMUNICATIONS, Philadelphia, PA
Partner (CFO/COO) (12/2007-9/2012)
- Launched boutique marketing agency specializing in the chiropractic industry.
- Developed strategic marketing plans for clients.
- Wrote copy and messaging for advertising and marketing efforts.
- Worked in tandem with partner to run overall operations of business.
- Managed employees and oversaw all hiring.
NEW LIFE SPINAL CARE CENTERS, Wilmington, DE
COO, Director of Community Marketing (2/2009-2/2010)
- Managed business operations such as hiring, payroll, financials, HR concerns.
- Developed strategic plans for community marketing and educational programs.
- Lecturer for community events educating people about ways to treat and avoid back and neck problems.
- Wrote and designed all marketing materials for practice.
TOTEM MARKETING CONCEPTS, Philadelphia, PA
Owner, Chief Marketing Officer (9/2003 – 8/2005)
- Created strategic plans to help artists and musicians find their niche.
- Developed websites and marketing materials for promotional activities.
- Booked musicians into local venues for performances.
- Worked closely with other local boutique agencies on new business pitches and marketing strategy.
SAP AMERICA, Newtown Square, PA
Marketing Program Manager (3/2002-8/2003)
- Managed marketing programs for eight business software solutions.
- Worked directly with Marketing Product Managers to develop strategic programs focusing on product awareness, lead generation and sales pipeline acceleration.
- Managed relationship with local design agencies, printers and other related vendors.
- Ensured all marketing communications were consistent with SAP brand, messaging and objectives.
- Analyzed all marketing activity to determine response rates, ROI and overall program effectiveness.
TIERNEY COMMUNICATIONS, Philadelphia, PA
Sr. Account Executive—Advertising and Direct Marketing (1/2001-03/2002)
- Clients: SEPTA, PECO Energy, Sunoco, Yellow Pages Publishers Association, Martin Guitars, PA Department of Environmental Protection
- Worked with clients to develop advertising/direct marketing plans to reach their objectives.
- Coordinated and analyzed email marketing and research projects for clients.
- Recommended and prepared various levels of research for clients: i.e. category reviews, competitive and market trend analysis, advertising awareness and effectiveness studies.
- Served as primary agency point of contact for clients.
- Analyzed potential for any new advertising or direct marketing opportunities.
- Worked closely with senior staff on new business pitches.
Available upon request.