I am a research driven and client focused academic who is passionate about learning and committed to making a difference in the lives of students and corporate clients by providing them effective learning experience. I am experienced in delivering Leadership and Management courses on both on-campus and online platforms. Currently I am working as an Associate Lecturer for the London School of Business and Finance.
2012 to date: Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Birmingham City University, Birmingham
- Research aims to explore growing academic interest on servant leadership and its adaptability in the moments of competitive pressure and crisis. It draws from academic disciplines such as Leadership, Change Management, Organisation Behaviour and Organisation Studies.
2003 to 2006: Master of Business Administration (MBA) Aston Business School, Aston University, Birmingham
- Modules studied include Leadership, Strategic Management, Organisational Behaviour, Operations Management, Marketing Management, Business Economics, International Business and Financial Reporting etc.
- Received distinction for the dissertation on Change Management study of the BBC Birmingham, sponsored and supervised by the BBC Governor for the English Regions, Prof Ranjit Sondhi.
1995 to 1997: Master of Arts (MA) in Philosophy (Best student award) B R Ambedkar University, Agra, India
- Specialized on Gaudiya Vaisnava Philosophy with particular interest on Srila Jiva Goswami, the most prominent Gaudiya philosopher
- Presented a dissertation on the Concept of Yoga in the Bhagavad-Gita.
1992 to 1995: Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Philosophy, English & Hindi (First class)
Agra University, Agra, India
- Studied six systems of Indian Philosophy, four Vaisnava Schools of thought and modern Indian philosophers
- Analysed western philosophical systems and contemporary western philosophers
- Developed analytical, research, critical thinking, communication and presentation skills
2013-2014: Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, Candidate, Birmingham City University
2013: PPG (Preparing Post-graduate Researchers to Teach in Higher Education)
Birmingham City University & SEDA (Staff and Educational Development Association)
2013: Post-graduate Certificate in Research Practice Birmingham City University
2014-present: Academic Director and Lecturer
Alfred Ford School of Management, Belgium
- Module creation, delivery and assessment of Organisation Behaviour
- To conduct high quality research and bring in relevant research into the classroom
- To provide module leadership and administrative support for recruitment of new students and finding new markets
- To maintain high standards in teaching and learning as set by Higher Education Academy
2012-2014: Associate Lecturer
London School of Business & Finance
- Teaching BSc, MSc and MBA students
- Modules teaching include Organisation Behaviour, Management and Leadership, Marketing Management, Cross-cultural Management and Coaching and Mentoring for Management and Leadership
- Involved in module creation, assessment and supervision ensuring students develop critical and rational thinking skills
2008-2012: Director, B.S. Online Degree Course
Mayapur Institute, India
- A philosophy and Theology course taught using the online platform in the weekends with audio-visual aids
- Used innovative ideas to make learning fun and interesting by adding audios, videos and quizzes etc.
- Demonstrated flexibility in working hours by working through evenings and weekends as required
2009-present: Discretionary Funds Officer
Birmingham City University
- Responsibilities included collating and analysing data and assessing the Finance applications of students facing hardships
- Liaising with academics and other University departments to share information and providing guidance based on HEFCE guidelines
2000-2009: Revenues Officer
Birmingham City Council
- Role involved researching and evaluating information on Council Tax and Business Ratepayers gathered from professional organisations and local businesses
- Writing to different stakeholders disseminating information
- Kumar, R. “Toxic management and healing effect of servant leadership” (pending submission in December 2015), editor: prof Shann Ferch, The International Journal of Servant-Leadership, Gonzaga University
Conferences and Presentations
- 2012: European Educational Conference (Belgium)
“Building Resources for the Future of Education in ISKCON”
- 2014: European Educational Conference (Belgium)
“Creating New Learning Environments by Using Innovative Methods of Teaching”