- Energetic and self-motivated PMO (Project Management Office) lead with experience in Agile Project Management, Release Management, Software Development and Infrastructure Deployment
- Over 18 years of proven experience in Fortune 500 companies in the fields of Information Technology, Education, Finance, Insurance, Healthcare, Energy, Retail and Manufacturing
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and mentor multi-functional and global teams
- 2005 S. in Computer Information Systems, Boston University
- 1997 Post Graduation in Software Engineering, BCI, Mumbai
2013 – 2014 Senior Program Manager, edX, Cambridge PMO and Solutions
- Provided overall Program Management for all activities within the Agile PMO. Responsible for running daily scrum calls, working closely with product owners in tracking iterations and increments of scope and deliverables, and publishing weekly burn-down charts to executives.
- Responsible for ensuring that clients and the PMO team adhere to the governance structure.
- Responsible for managing vendor relationships and working closely with the assigned Project Manager and Business Analyst for each project.
- Learning Platform for McKinsey: Managed a team with specialized technical skills in HTML5, CSS 3, Java Script and Python to customize the edX Learning Platform for McKinsey. The total cost of the project is $3.6M with a team size of 18.
- Course Creation, Big Data: Created a professional course on Big Data, working closely with 12 senior MIT faculty members, Marketing project manager, Content project manager, Engineering lead, and Video lead. The total cost of the project was $650,000 with a team size of 24. The course generated revenue of $1.5 million. Based on the success of this project as a sustainable business model, edX plans to form an executive education business unit.
- Managed program for development and implementation of web site and mobile application, working closely with remote development team in India.
- Coordinated white label learning platforms for WEF, IMF, J&J, Tenaris and University of Tennessee.
- Coordinate hosting solution in China for XuetangX, PKU and other universities.
2012 – 2013 Agile Coach/Manager, Program Management, Sapient Nitro, Boston
- Managed integrated, multi-track projects and programs for development of responsive websites for clients such as Mohegan Sun and Webster Bank.
- Creation of E-Learning Platform for Boston Consulting Group: Managed a team with specialized technical skills in HTML5, CSS 3, Java Script, Adobe Photoshop, In-Design, Articulate Scorm and SABA to develop an e-learning platform for the Boston Consulting Group. The total cost of the project was $2.2M with a team size of 32.
- Directly supervised the work of Project Managers, Associate Project Manager(s), Track Leads and Domain Leads and led teams of 50+ people. Managed third-party partner and vendor relationships.
2005 – 2012 Agile Program Manager, IBM Software Services Group Boston
- Managed accounts with over $7 million in revenue. Worked directly with 11 key customers, advising them on appropriate tools and technologies for their companies.
- Established program directives, processes, staffing, and metrics for enterprise programs. Managed on-site and remote technical professionals to achieve program deliverables. Instituted business and technical escalation channels for resolution of program issues.
- Managed Communication Plans, Issues Lists, and Risk Management Plans. Facilitated all meetings from Kick Off to Lessons Learned/Project Closure. Created and maintained all status reporting, team work timelines, and deliverables to ensure on-time project delivery.
- Social networking-enabled portal for Prudential: Managed a team of eight consultants with specialized technical skills in Connections, Portal, Lotus Quickr and Tivoli Directory Integrator to develop a social networking-enabled portal for Prudential. The total cost of the project was $1.7M.
- Portal and content management system for the United Nations: Scoped, sold and delivered services for design and architecture of an intranet portal and content management system for the United Nations. Completed the project one month ahead of schedule, resulting in a saving of $50,000 in project cost for the client and revenue of $250,000 for IBM. Due to successful completion of Phase 1, we were awarded 5 additional projects for $1.8M.
2000 – 2005 Lead Test Engineer, IBM Workplace, Portal and Collaboration Software
- Responsible for test planning, test cases, execution and automation of assigned areas of Domino and Lotus Notes and Domino integration with SAP.
- Executed process changes to enhance workplace productivity and delivery of features.
- Coordinated Globalization and Translation (in 24 languages) of Domino and Lotus Notes.
1997 – 2000 Senior Software Engineer, Ispat Industries Ltd, Mumbai
- System study, design, development and implementation of customized applications, including Automation of QS14001 & ISO9000 Auditing Process, Quality & Audit Management System, and Leave Processing System.
- Performed integration of Domino with SAP R/3 (Sending & Receiving Mails, Workflow Transaction and Data Transfer).
- Twelve patents published
- Co-author of two books: Agile Project Management (2009) and Risk Management (2013) by ASME Press.