Vblog by Jay Shetty. Our lives are all about relationships and our relationships are all based on communication. How many times have you said something and later regretted it? How many times have you held back from saying something you really wanted to?
Conscious communication is all about responding positively, not making decisions in the wrong frame of mind and becoming more mindful in how we connect with other people.
Our speech has a huge impact on our minds and the minds of others so becoming aware of this can truly improve our communication.
- Never reply when you’re angry
- Never make a promise when you’re happy
- Never make a decision when you’re sad
1. When we’re angry we all say things we don’t mean. We say things that are hugely amplified, over the top and uncalled for. The acronym T.H.I.N.K allows us to pause and think before we speak.
- Ask yourself:
- T – Is it TRUE?
- H – Is it HELPFUL?
- I – Is it INSPIRING?
- N – Is it NECESSARY?
- K – Do you KNOW them best?
2. Never make a promise when you’re happy
3. Never make a decision when you’re sad